The pandemic has abruptly impacted every facet of our lives since March. Now six months in, enterprises are determining how to safely bring employees back to the physical workplace. Pat Calhoun, founder, and CEO of Espressive, interviewed Kumud Kalia, CIO of Guardant Health, to understand his views on navigating the safe return of employees to the workplace. Kumud provides an interesting perspective because they have essential workers who have had to be at work all along, while most employees have worked from home.
The interview with Kumud covers a range of topics including:
- Bringing employees back to the workplace
- Best practices for creating a safe workplace
- Managing high growth during work from home
- Employee self-help as a social experience
- Answers customized for location-based policies
- Dealing with burnout and employee well-being
- Providing the right tech stack and IT initiatives
Kumud Kalia has held technology, operations, and strategy leadership roles with high-tech, energy, telecommunications, and financial services companies and is now the Chief Information Officer at Guardant Health. He was most recently Chief Information and Technology Officer at Cylance, Inc., and previously served as CIO at Akamai Technologies. Kumud had received Computerworld’s “best in class” recognition among its 100 Premier Information Technology (IT) leaders and has led teams that have won CIO100, CTO25, and other prestigious industry awards.